Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas & Cambie

Hello there! I hope you all had a merry Christmas. We sure did! For the first time in a few years, it was stress-free with no family issues. I got some great gifts- mostly fitness stuff from my husband and his mum. My sister-in-law made me this beautiful wrist pin cushion and hand sewing kit. I absolutely love handmade gifts! 


 


This is what I made for her- a wrap skirt from a 1970s pattern. I wanted to make something for her without having to ask suspicious questions like, "Um, what is your waist measurement? Just out of curiosity!". I spied this pattern in my stash and it was sizes Small, Medium and Large so it was a winner. It's a bit hard to see with my craphouse photography, but there are big ol' pocekts on the front. It was really easy to sew up and I plan to make one for myself soon.


 


I wanted to get my Cambie finished to wear on Christmas Day but it took a bit longer than my first one. I had a devil of a time with the zipper and slip stitching the bodice lining. This time I added the pockets and I am so glad- they really make the dress! I also left out the skirt lining again because I don't think it needs one.

This fabric has been in my stash for ages, waiting for the right dress. I think I've definitely found it! I will pop some action pics in the next post.








No comments:

Post a Comment