Monday, December 30, 2013

Final project for 2013

I snuck in one last project for the year....another New Look 6106. I made the midi version this time- I had intended to make my first one this length but didn't have enough fabric.

Pretty basic and straightforward really. This pattern is a dream to sew. The only thing I changed was the lapped zipper to a centred one. 

 

The fabric is Montreau drill from Spotlight, on special for $9.99/m. I bought 2 metres and ended up using almost all of it because my first skirt front had a huge mark right in the middle of it! I noticed it when the girl was cutting it for me and she looked on the right side and told me that it didn't show on the right side. Well, it did! I should have checked it myself. Silly cow! And she didn't cut it straight so one side was a whole 2 inches shorter than the other!

Anyway, I love this skirt and it will get lots of wear and I plan to make a gazillion more. Although I think I prefer the shorter version!

Have a happy new year and I'll be back in a day or two with my 2013 sewing round-up!


No comments:

Post a Comment